Effective interdisciplinary learning:
- can take the form of individual one-off projects or longer courses of study
- is planned around clear purposes
- is based upon experiences and outcomes drawn from different curriculum areas or subjects within them
- ensures progression in skills and in knowledge and understanding
- can provide opportunities for mixed-stage learning which is interest-based.
SSERC IDL Activities
SSERC has produced a number of activities which can be used to support learning and teaching in IDL. A brief description of each activity follows together with links to the various components which make up the activity / resources; in some cases the link will take you to a separate webpage.
Searching for Meaning – a project exploring the links between science and religion
Let’s Talk – A variety of Biology related activities but which explore wider contexts
A level playing field – Activity based around the concept of fairness in sport
Let’s Talk Bogs – a resource that explores raise some of the environmental science issues relating to the preservation of peat bogs