School Technical Support Staff. Access to this unit will be at the discretion of the centre but there must be evidence that learners have undergone training in the Safe Use of Fixed Workshop Machinery. This training has to have been the SSERC Safe use of Fixed Workshop machinery Course.
This course is a one day refresher for Safe Use of Fixed Workshop Machinery
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding related to the safe use of the bandsaw, circular saw and planer thicknesser.
- Apply safety precautions necessary for the safe operation of the bandsaw, circular saw and planer thicknesser.
- Understand the functions of guards and safety devices.
- Safely set up the tool settings and prepare the bandsaw, circular saw and planer thicknesser for use.
- Safely operate the bandsaw, circular saw and planer thicknesser
Why Should You Attend?
Further your knowledge on safety procedures and good working practices for fixed workshop machinery.
Health and Safety update
Revision and Q&A
Attend on 1 day and undergo both written and practical assessment. It is recommended that a refresher course be undertaken every 5 years.
The course will be held at SSERC in Dunfermline. Our SSERC buildings are at 2 Pitreavie Court, Dunfermline, KY11 8UU. SSERC is a short (5-10 minutes) walk from Rosyth railway station and close to the end of the A823(M) spur off Junction 2 of the M90 motorway. Car journey times (approximately): Edinburgh – 30 min; Glasgow – 60 min; Aberdeen – 2.5 hours; Inverness – 3 hours.