Get ready for the spring growing season with this hands-on interactive SSERC Meet.
Join us as we explore techniques for collecting, sowing and growing a variety of seeds.
Using mainly recycled materials we will construct paper pots and re-use a range of containers to sow seeds and take cuttings. Whether you are new to gardening or have an established school garden we will share some top tips and techniques. This twilight professional learning event comes at no cost to the setting and resources will be provided to enable hands on participation.
Curriculum for Excellence links:
- I have observed living things in the environment over time and am becoming aware of how they depend on each other. SCN 0-01a
- I can distinguish between living and non-living things. I can sort living things into groups and explain my decisions. SCN 1-01a
- I have helped to grow plants and can name their basic parts. I can talk about how they grow and what I need to do to look after them. SCN 0-03a
- I can help to design experiments to find out what plants need in order to grow and develop. I can observe and record my findings and from what I have learned I can grow healthy plants in school. SCN 1-03a
- I have collaborated in the design of an investigation into the effects of fertilisers on the growth of plants. I can express an informed view of the risks and benefits of their use. SCN 2-03a
Date: Wednesday 9th March 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday 9th February 2022